Is it just me or is race becoming a bigger and bigger thing? like, I have seen people discuss, argue, acknowledge race more in the past 6 months, than ever in my life. Anyone see this? It feels like tumblr is taking it on too, it’s upsetting, ya know?
If you go to the gym, awesome! you’re doing great and I’m proud you’re improving your health. However, going to the gym doesn’t mean you can make people who don’t feel inadequate.
Today we are making the transition from porn blog, to romance blog. We hope you continue following us!
10 things this generation should know
1. No matter what age you are, you are always too old to argue with someone on facebook.
2. How many parties you go to and how many drinks you can consume does not determine how much you are truly living. Living is about seeing the world and doing things only a few people have had the chance to do, anyone can get drunk.
3. The divorce rate is over 60% percent. You can’t just marry and assume it will last forever, you need to truly give your every effort to make sure it does. Your relationship with your lover should be as strong as a mother and child. When your 4 year old spills milk, you wouldn’t say “ALRIGHT I’M DONE WITH YOU FOREVER AND MOVING OUT” That’s ridiculous. So why be that way with your spouse? endure the challenges life gives you, stick through the tough things when they come, enjoy the good things and it will absolutely work.
4. Just because you disagree with someone on a certain topic doesn’t mean you shouldn’t be friends with them. You will learn so much in life if you befriend people with different views than yourself.
5. Never ever ever ever be rude or disrespectful to someone you view as “lower” than you. I heard a story about a student in my city, he was interning for a photographer. The photographer treated this intern terribly. He was horribly rude and humiliated the intern on multiple occasions. Years down the road, the photographer completely forgot about this intern, and the intern went on to own a highly successful agency. As the photographer started to struggle, he walked into this intern turned business owner’s office, asking for a job…you can guess how that went.
6. Don’t feel guilty for cutting toxic people out of your life. It is such a priority to make sure you are surrounded by people who motivate you and make you feel gifted. Go where you’re celebrated, not where you’re tolerated.
7. Never let people scare you out of your dreams. That college advisor who claims you are choosing a terrible major and will never reach success, has no idea what you are capable of.
8. You don’t need to explain yourself. Eat that tub of ice cream, skip a day at the gym. Enjoy yourself and never feel guilty because of it.
9. Dress like you’ve made something of yourself, even when you haven’t yet.
10. Don’t stress about the future too much, everything will be okay in the end, if it’s not, it’s not the end.
brooklynsmalls: whats your favorite genre of music? -whats a song/singer you've been listening to lately? whats your favorite movie? & favorite actor?
I am the biggest music nerd in the entire universe lol I literally love every genre of music. I really love blues, oldies, classic hip-hop, I have a hefty jazz vinyl collection (totaling over 3,000!), I love rock, I’m really into chill wave (Such a hipster, I know lol) My favorite would have to be Toro Y Moi, but I’ve been really into Arctic Monkey’s lately as well. My favorite movies would be a toss between Django unchained and Captain Phillips. Favorite actor is by far James Dean.
Letter to my girlfriend on our 1st anniversary
365 days. 8675 hours. 52,5949 minutes. 31,536,000 seconds, and you haven’t escaped my mind for a single one. On our first date, I felt like I could just sit on that couch for a lifetime and listen to every story you had to tell. I wanted to know everything about you, inside and out. Within this year, I’ve come to know and love every little thing that you do. The way you string together sentences, the way your eyes light up when you talk about something you’re passionate about, the way you smile first thing in the morning as you wake up, everything about you is just so incredibly brilliant and unique in every way. You have made me a better man, you make me want to reach farther than ever before and achieve things I once thought we’re impossible. You’ve fixed those cracks in my soul that I believed were irreparable and have introduced me to a life built around sheer and utter love. I’m so blessed just to have the opportunity to see life through your eyes, and what an adventure it has been so far. Today marks one year, I hope you save this letter so you can look back on it years down the road and remember this very moment. Today we are only one year into this life-long adventure we have embarked on with one another; I love you today, just the way I will love you tomorrow..and the next week…and the next month..and the next year..and the next 50 years! I’m not saying this journey we are on will not be difficult, we have a very bumpy road ahead of us. I am however saying that, I’m prepared for that ride, and I will stick by your side every last second of it. One day I’m going to wake up to your grey hair and wrinkled skin..and still think you are most beautiful, flawless person to ever grace this world. So here’s to one year down, of many MANY more.
I love everything you’ve been
Life > Work
There is this on-going belief that young people don’t deserve to live life to the fullest because we “haven’t earned it”. As if God created us expecting that we neglect seeing his greatest creations because we haven’t sat behind a desk, working a job we hate to make people we don’t know more wealthy for 40 years. We spend 13 years in school, and most likely will spend 2-8 years in college after that, then, immediately join the work force. without any real time to take a break and reflect on our lives. You could always take time off, but, society has branded that as “lazy”. Don’t get me wrong, hard work is the key to several things in life; but have we taken it too far? We have become not only obsessed with working too hard, but it is now considered the norm. The harsh reality is (and people actually do forget this), we will die. you (yes you) will one day be laying down, knowing you are minutes from losing your life. I can guarantee you, in that very moment, you will wish you spent more time with your family, and less at the office. You will wish you spent less nights sitting on the couch watching television, and more nights laughing with your best friends. The world is our playground, there is much more to see than you could ever see in your entire life, but see as much as you possibly can while you’re breathing. Your job is absolutely something you will work into your life, but don’t make life something you work into your job. LIVE, not just while you’re retired or getting older, Live right now.